About Me

My photo
Nottingham, NH, United States
I'm a middle school science teacher at Nottingham and I love biology!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Where the Wild Things Are: What Did It Mean to You?

A star blinked and went dark today and with it, we lost the creator of one of the most beloved children's books. Maurice Sendak, aged 83 died today.  Perhaps you've read Where the Wild Things Are, Pierre, or In the Night Kitchen?  I've read these books many times to my own kids, who often asked me to read it again, as soon as we finished.  I wonder how kids in the world went to bed dreaming of Max and his Wild Things?  Thank you, Mr. Sendak, for your imagination, wit and ability to bring your readers on a journey in a small boat- over the sea for a day and a night, to where the wild things are.

No comments: